I don’t want to give too much information away but Taylor and I just recently recorded Episode #6 of The Trillest Podcast with our best friend Brooke and talked about taking a leap of faith and going after your goals. This is something that I have done in the past and is something I try to do every day even if it is just small leaps of faith.
Here are some of the key take-aways I’ve learned along the way:
- Trust yourself- If you’ve taken the time to really take a step back, evaluate where you are, where you are heading and which direction you REALLY want to go then ultimately, you just need to trust yourself to make the best decisions you can in those moments and any future moments.
- Believe in yourself- This is 100% different than trusting yourself in my opinion. You can trust yourself to get the day to day “to-do’s” done but you need to believe in yourself to do them confidently! Confidence is key….even if you have to fake it till you make it :-).
- Go all in- Don’t sit back and be hesitant to go after your goals. Do the research, make yourself an expert then go big or go home. You can’t “half-way” do things and be successful…unless you are a billionaire, but even then it’ll still be difficult.
- Become an expert- I hinted at this in the previous point but if you are going to go all in you don’t want to go in ignorant. You need to understand the product or service or whatever it is that you are investing in 100%. There is room for error and growth, of course, but especially if you are trying to be an “expert” in an area make sure you are doing everything you can to be an expert even if that means referencing to people who know more than you. Being an expert does not mean be a “Know It All” but it means knowing when you know the answer and when you need to outsource information…..and where to outsource.
- Celebrate small victories- Any time you achieve a goal, no matter how big or small it is take the time to celebrate your victory. Even if its a 5 minute walk outside to soak up sunshine and smile for a bit acknowledge it. This doesn’t mean sit on the victory for endless amounts of time….there is always more work to be done :-).
- Replace fear with excitement about what is to come- don’t let the voices in your head create doubt. Use those voices to fuel the fire….BE DETERMINED!
I hope these few tips help inspire you to take a leap of faith even if its small its still a step!